Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2 types of Stress

There are two types of stress; Normative and Crisis Stressors.
Normative Stress is everyday stress. Money, bills, teachers, jobs, tests, and hunger would be some examples of everyday stress. One normative stress for me would be waking up on time for school. I don't know why, but it's hard for me to be wide-awake in the morning. I tried going to bed early, but that just made me sleep in longer. One way I think would be a good way to handle this is getting a different bed. My bed is too comfortable for me and I guess that would be one of the many reasons that I cannot get up in the morning.

Crisis Stressors is long-term stress. Severe illness, death in family, jail time, or a divorce would be examples of crisis stress.
One crisis stress for me is probably the loss of my close cousin, Minnie. She was like my sister and the news brought great shock to our family. One way that we handled it was knowing that she was in a better place and letting her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment