Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introducing Myself

My name is Danielle Dawn Kashatok but everyone that knows me call me Anguu. My heritage is central Yup'ik and I've never left Alaska, yet. Anguu isn't my Yup'ik name which everyone mistakes it to be. My Yup'ik name is actually Qikertaugaq. I'm named after my late uncle, Daniel Kashatok. I was born on the 10th of August in Bethel, Alaska to Ernest and Bernadette Kashatok. I have four brothers and two sisters including two nieces. I am a senior at the moment and have a huge possibility of graduating this May. After high school, I plan to attend college somewhere in Alaska. I would like to major in Business Entrepreneurship and open up a few businesses in this coastal region. I am currently employed as a clerk at the Kashatok Brother's Store which is owned by my grandmother, Katie. I have been working there for about five years now. I don't get any special family treatment over there if that's what your thinking. I get paid the same amount as any other clerk there. I have big dreams for my future and hope that I'll accomplish them one day. Right now, I am just a student trying to finish up my work to graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment